I am a bridge builder and relationship connector who wants to create social innovation and change in the classroom – I am a Community Animator
The derivation of the word animator is animare which is Latin for “make more lively, move to action”.
I do this by:
- working with teachers to inspire and build capacity for delivering course outcomes,
- supporting and animating the school community,
- creating connections for teachers and network with for-profit, non-profit, entrepreneurs, solepreneurs, charities and government agencies to help students solve meaningful real-life complex problems,
- finding ways to engage in global and local initiatives – think big – start small/think globally – act locally,
- involving and making connections with diverse groups of people so that students become global citizens,
- using an inquiry model approach to develop information processing and problem solving skills to learn things,
- encouraging Design Thinking to create opportunities for deep thinking, complex problem solving and reconnecting with creativity,
- creating learning journeys both in teams and personally to create innovation and creativity,
- encouraging ways for teachers to build in students “soft skill” capacity such as emotional intelligence, healthy relationship building and positive self-talk.
Get into lived reality, change assumptions, have a willingness to see things differently
Please contact us if you want to hear more.